This was originally supposed to be an internal document just for the team. But then I thought, fuck it, this is crypto... let's just open it up so everyone can see.
This is not a roadmap. This is the growth plan.
This plan is in order (mostly).
- Create & Publish a New Roadmap
- Create Detailed funnels for all major DeGods touch points (Website, Twitter, Discord, Telegram, Notion, etc.)
- How should these feel for the end-user?
- What information belongs on each of them?
- Create a clear list of A-player roles we need filled to accomplish these goals.
- Begin recruiting & hiring.
- Create an internal dashboard tracking our KPI’s.
- Trading Volume, # of $DUST integrations, Website Visits, Twitter Followers, Discord Engagement, etc.
- Create & maintain a running to-do list for all members of the team on Notion.
- Ruthlessly prioritize this to-do list to make sure they are improving our key metrics.
- Create payment-incentive structure to proportionately reward our key contributors.
- Weekly Meetings for free-form brainstorming and ideas. These ideas will then be prioritized against our KPI’s.
- This will also be focused on more urgent solutions for pending support tickets.
- Create a public-facing DeGods Calendar so our holders can be up to date on the latest “thing” we are building.
- Complete the final DeadGods art (ideally a week before the actual launch).
- Release strategic 1/1’s and partnerships on the days leading up to the launch.
- Create website that clearly explains how the mechanics of DeGods / DeadGods works.
- Create minting website that actually executes the DeGods → DeadGods upgrade.
- Collaborate with top marketplaces to ensure that DeadGods are fully compatible with them.
- Publish comprehensive brand kit, guidelines, and assets.
- Pilot governance structure with the current Devine Council for set period of time.
- Create on-chain elections for a smaller # of "DeMonarchs".
- These leaders will:
- get compensated via a percentage of royalties generated by the DeDAO.
- serve a term (only X number can be voted for re-election/back-to-back terms).
- have on-chain voting powers to control how the DAO funds get allocated.
- be in charge of approving & declining community proposals (core team will always reserve ultimate veto rights)
- be removable/replaceable if over 66.6% community votes for it.
- If this new style of on-chain governance fails, Core Team will step in and fix it & create a new structure.
(This section will be the least detailed, because a lot of this is the furthest out from where we are at right now.)
- Launch viral stunts that capture global attention.
- Onboard celebrities, athletes, influencers, etc.
- Host large IRL events at major NFT conferences
- Secure partnerships with non-crypto brands.
- New, larger collection(s) to expand reach and holder base.
In my intro, I mentioned that the #1 trait that all great NFT projects have in common is growth.
I know a lot of people like to say their #1 trait is "team is always building" but I actually disagree.
There's a significant difference between building random shit & building things that people actually want. With startups, the former is a death sentence & the latter is a pathway to becoming a billion dollar company.
With NFTs, it's even more extreme. It's not just about making things people want... it's about driving value back to your holders. There are tons of projects that just build random shit & even if it's they build something really cool... ask yourself "how does what they're building bring value back to me?"
If you don't care about the thing... but think others will - that could work (see SSC), but 99% of the time, it doesn't. Why? Because there is not a large enough audience for that tool. There's an unlimited market for RPC nodes... but is the market that wide for an NFT sniper bot?
The NFT community won't just wake up one day and pity buy a project because the "devs are hard-workers". Nor should they. This isn't elementary school.
So what does all of this have to do with DeGods?
Hopefully it just gives you some perspective where our heads are at with this project.
I just want our community aligned with the importance of growth.
Let's grow this brand, together.